Back End Developer
remote-first location (HQ in Euston, London)
We are a venture capital backed business founded 5 years ago applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to continuously improve quality and patient safety. Our aim is to bring the mobile user experience that people love, to the health and social care sectors, removing all manual, paper-based processes.
Our smart inspection app is designed to fully support nurses and carers in transforming patient safety and quality improvement. Easy to use, quicker, more accurate, and delivering instant access to data, our solution frees up time to care.
Our business currently supplies a range of organisations primarily in the UK, but also now in 2 international markets. Our business has ambitious growth plans both in terms of product development (new features and modules) and international and UK sales expansion.
At Perfect Ward, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered experience that our clients love, created in an organisation where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Hero the Customer
- Achieve as One Team
- Deliver the right results at the right pace to drive our ambition
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for:
To support Perfect Ward’s plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for a Back End Developer to expand our Engineering team. Many new and exciting upcoming features need to be implemented after the V3 release. You’ll be able to play a pivotal role in the continued development and growth of our business.
You’ll be willing to learn and contribute to the wider team. You’re comfortable working alone or as part of a team. You face coding challenges head-on, and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mindset on defeating a challenge.
● 3+ years commercial experience in building products with web technologies (Ruby, Python, Node, Go etc.)
● A good grasp of object-orientated programming and design patterns that avoid redundancy, promote developer efficiency, testability and maintainability.
● A desire to collaborate and innovate with other members of the team
● Good knowledge and experience of unit testing
● Experience in developing REST web services and APIs
● Knowledge and experience of TDD, BDD and test automation
● Knowledge and experience of using container tools, especially Docker
● Knowledge and experience of deploying to cloud services,
Nice to have:
● Some knowledge and experience of database development, including MySQL, MongoDB and Redis
● Some knowledge and experience of CI pipelines and DevOps methods
● Some knowledge of data querying and manipulation
● Some knowledge and experience of search engines such as SOLR/Elasticsearch is desirable
● Pension Contribution up to 7%
● Annual bonus plan
● Individual Personal development budget with 3 days leave per annum
● Joining an exciting start-up in growth
At Perfect Ward, we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.